Re: APE certificate

W5MMW Matt Manjos

Just got my certificate in the mail - thanks, guys! Looking forward to next year (and hopefully doing my own APE from /VE3 again)

Cheers,

Matt
W5MMW

On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 6:23 AM Stephen Melachrinos via Groups.Io <melachri=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
Received my certificate yesterday. Thank you to the Pontoon Boys for another great APE!

Steve
W3HF

-----Original Message-----
To: 070Club@groups.io <070Club@groups.io>
Sent: Mon, Aug 26, 2019 9:31 pm
Subject: Re: [070Club] APE certificate

While propagation certainly rules, some credit must be given to the level of participation and perseverance involved.

From the somewhat limited 7 year history of the KC9UR Pontoon Portable APE, we must credit Bill, N4GBK, with a stellar performance in 2016. Bill chased us until he had us on 8 of the 9 bands we try to activate.

Our own Matt, AK4MK, worked us on 7 bands that year, 2016. Working us on 5 bands that year were Den, W2DEN and Jeff, W3WMU. There were 14 who worked us on 3 or more bands to earn the APE Hunter Certificate. Overall, a pretty good year!

But 2105 set the record with 18 earning the Certificate with 3 or more bands. Bill, N4GBK grabbed us on 6 bands as did Art, WB4MNK. Grabbing us on 5 bands was John, KD4JS.

This year, the perseverance of Rick, N7WE gave him the Top Banana sticker with 5 bands. There were 14 Certificate winners, four of whom had 4 bands.

Ya' gotta' ask, "Who Has More Fun Than A Ham"??

Just ask Jeff, W3WMU who has chased us down for a Certificate for all 7 years!!

Thanks all for your enthusiastic interest in Chasing the APE!!

Now get out there and give us all a challenge.

Stan
W9SMR

Bob
KC9UR

Sent: Saturday, August 24, 2019 9:03 PM

You might be able to pull off the rare 11-bander (if they could work all bands)!

(Ron N3CHX and I have occasionally run the bands during a contest--he's about 3 miles away. But we've only done at most 7 bands in a single day, and have never worked the WARC bands or 60.)

Steve
W3HF

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sat, Aug 24, 2019 8:51 pm

Thinking new year I may drive to Indiana and park within a mile of Bob & Stan so I can work them on a bunch of bands,  hi  !!!

Jerry  n9avy

Sent: Saturday, August 24, 2019 7:14 PM
To: 070Club<mailto:070club@groups.io>
Subject: [070Club] APE certificate

I received in the mail today the highly coveted KC9UR Pontoon Boat APE certificate. I already have it in its frame. Many thanks to Bob and Stan for another great APE expedition.

I will be purchasing the frame for next years certificate at the earliest opportunity.

Once again many thanks to Bob and Stan for another  "World Class APE Expedition"

73's

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.

Join main@070Club.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.