Cheers,

Matt
W5MMW

On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 6:23 AM Stephen Melachrinos via Groups.Io <melachri=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
Received my certificate yesterday. Thank you to the Pontoon Boys for another great APE!

From: stan robinson <robinstan@...>
To: 070Club@groups.io <070Club@groups.io>
Sent: Mon, Aug 26, 2019 9:31 pm
Subject: Re: [070Club] APE certificate

While propagation certainly rules, some credit must be given to the level of participation and perseverance involved.

From the somewhat limited 7 year history of the KC9UR Pontoon Portable APE, we must credit Bill, N4GBK, with a stellar performance in 2016. Bill chased us until he had us on 8 of the 9 bands we try to activate.

Our own Matt, AK4MK, worked us on 7 bands that year, 2016. Working us on 5 bands that year were Den, W2DEN and Jeff, W3WMU. There were 14 who worked us on 3 or more bands to earn the APE Hunter Certificate. Overall, a pretty good year!

But 2105 set the record with 18 earning the Certificate with 3 or more bands. Bill, N4GBK grabbed us on 6 bands as did Art, WB4MNK. Grabbing us on 5 bands was John, KD4JS.

This year, the perseverance of Rick, N7WE gave him the Top Banana sticker with 5 bands. There were 14 Certificate winners, four of whom had 4 bands.

Ya' gotta' ask, "Who Has More Fun Than A Ham"??

Just ask Jeff, W3WMU who has chased us down for a Certificate for all 7 years!!

Thanks all for your enthusiastic interest in Chasing the APE!!

Now get out there and give us all a challenge.

73,
Stan
W9SMR

Bob