From: 070Club@groups.io <070Club@groups.io> on behalf of Ray Clements <r.clements@...>
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 10:03:45 PM
To: 070Club@groups.io <070Club@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [070Club] Losing 30M

We arrogant Yanks often forget is that amateur radio is not controlled by the ARRL or even by the FCC.  Amateur radio is global and the IARU is the global authority, but each country can set their own rules withing the confines of the IARU rules. Although the 070 club is largely comprised of amateurs from North America, we welcome operators from around the world.

I came across the following recommended frequencies for each of the most popular digital modes. The list was published by SV1GRB - Hellenic Amateur Radio Station. Thus, this plan is based on Region 1, but Region 2 would be similar.

https://www.qsl.net/sv1grb/psk31.htm

The recommended frequencies for PSK do not always coincide with the frequencies that 070 club members might prefer using, but the differences are on the narrow 30 meter and 17 meter bands. Since these narrow WARC bands have to accommodate signals from a variety of digital modes, it is difficult to allocate a full 3-4 KHz for each of the modes. Thus, there will be some overlap and congestion.

Ray N9RWC