Re: On The Air- KC9UR Pontoon Portable APE this weekend!

Stephen Melachrinos

Found Stan on both 40 and 30 (thanks to his moving to 30 for me) but 20 is already too long for me in SE PA. I see KC3EF working Bob, but not a trace of Bob's signal.

I'll be looking on 80m later, and maybe the higher bands during the day tomorrow.

Steve
W3HF

-----Original Message-----
To: 070Club@groups.io <070Club@groups.io>
Sent: Fri, Aug 9, 2019 4:49 pm
Subject: [070Club] On The Air- KC9UR Pontoon Portable APE this weekend!

Bob and I have completed erection of our assortment of antennas all over the yard and have commenced our 7th Annual Pontoon Portable APE operations.

Bob is CQing on 20M and Stan is CQing on 17M.

We will announce band changes as needed.

Come and get us!!

Stan and Bob

Sent: Wednesday, August 7, 2019 7:44 PM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: [070Club] Reminder - KC9UR Pontoon Portable APE this weekend!

Hi All,
This is just a reminder that Stan (W9SMR/9) and I (KC9UR) will be operating our 7th consecutive KC9UR Pontoon Portable APE starting this Friday, Aug 9th, and ending on Sunday, Aug 11th.  We look forward to working many of you.  As in past years, we have a nice paper QSL for any who request it, and will be providing a really nice APE Hunter Certificate for those persistent enough work us on 3 bands.  We realize that with propagation in the doldrums, it will be much more difficult to obtain a certificate than in past years, but we believe that you are up to the challenge.  Kudos to those who have earned certificates in the past, and especially to Jeff Walsh, W3WMU, who has earned a certificate every single year (6 in all).  To help the hunters from our end, both of us will be using efficient multi-band (80-10m) antennas (an OCF dipole and a ladder-line fed doublet).  We will also be using a prototype 40-30m magnetic loop that was designed, built and loaned to us for evaluation by Dennis Blanchard, K1YPP.  We will keep everyone updated on our progress, current bands being worked, etc. on this forum.  We are looking forward with anticipation and excitement to reconnect with old friends and make lots of new ones.  Hoping to work you soon!

Bob, KC9UR and Stan, W9SMR/9

Join main@070Club.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.