Reminder - Endorsement Daze #2 - August 9 - 11

stan W9SMR

Endorsement Daze #2 - LONP and WALC-NA

This new activity is intended to promote more on-air time among members and provide targeted opportunities to achieve specific PODXS Endorsements. This is not a contest.

This 2nd Endorsement Daze activity will target LONP and the added focus on WALC-NA.

LONP - If you are a new member, this is your Golden Opportunity!  You can start accumulating toward that 100 member contacts required for LONP Membership - Currently, only 423 of our 2,698 members are qualified.

If you haven't made LONP Honor Roll (500) – maybe this will put you over the top. Additional info and LONP Rules at LONP Rules

A second objective – WALC-NA Worked All West Coast North America*

With the questionable Propagation conditions these days, we can all use a boost toward the NALC-NA Sticker. In summary, work Alaska, British Columbia, Washington, Oregon and California on PSK-31.

Our Endorsement Daze #2 event is planned for 2 DAYS:

Starting: 00:00 UTC on Saturday, August 10 (Friday, August 9, 2000 EDT, in NA)
Ending:  23:59 UTC on Sunday, August 11

 Join the fun and enjoy…Call: CQ CQ 070 Daze de (Ur Call)

And be on the lookout for the two APE stations expected to be on the air: KC9UR and K5KHK.

 Upload your entire log promptly to the  Online Endorsement Checker   Your LONP total will be displayed under the 070-LONP tab. Your WALC-NA progress will be shown in the “Completed” or “In Progress” column on your “070 Award Progress” page.

Our members on the West Coast are struggling for contacts, partly because those operators on the East coast and the Mid-West are hitting the sack before conditions are favorable to the West coast. An idea has been offered where operators periodically check the activity they see and post that info to the Reflector. Enter your own call or other’s in PSKReporter to see activity. As you see activity on the waterfall, be sure to “SPOT” those calls to PSKReporter. Pick your operating times and Bands to optimize short, medium and long distance contacts.

It’s OK to QSO with non-members, too. Just show them how much fun the 070 PODXS Club can be and welcome them to join us.

If you have questions concerning this event or concerning the upload process, please let me know:  robinstan@...

Stan
W9SMR - 070  #1611
PODXS 070 - PR Director

* WALC-NA
Work All Left Coast of North America and earn the WALC-NA endorsement! To qualify for the WALC-NA, work Alaska, British Columbia, Washington, Oregon and California on PSK31, one contact required in each state/province for a total of 5 contacts. 160M thru 6M only.