From: 070Club@groups.io [mailto:070Club@groups.io] On Behalf Of Rick Sterling
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2019 12:59 PM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] Unusual PSK31 in Waterfall

I was just wondering, was this my signal Tom?

KI7OIY

Rick

On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 7:55 AM Bill Garwood <n4gbk@...> wrote:

Probably overdriven as Jerry mentioned.  But a clean signal can become distorted at the receiving end.  If you receive a wide or distorted signal, maybe try turning down the RF gain on your receiver or turn on an RF attenuator to see if this improves the reception of that station.  There is also some debate as to whether to turn on or off the AGC in your receiver.  Just be aware that it is not always the transmitting station at fault as the distortion which causes the PSK software to have problems decoding can be caused by propagation and /or by the technical capabilities and adjustments or maladjustments of the equipment at the receiving end.

Enjoy PSK31.  Hope to see you soon on the waterfall.

Happy Radio and 73!

Bill N4GBK in FM16

Sent from Mail for Windows 10