Re: GET READY FOR SOME FIREWORKS - 40M FIRECRACKER SPRINT

Rick - N7WE

Here in central Florida (the lightning capital of the US) our summer blessing is almost daily, and sometimes several times a day, T-storms.  The issue for summer contesting is not what time the band opens, it is when to tip the vertical back up so you can get on air.  Sometimes the cells just line up and freight train through, one after the other.  I think my record was up and down 5 times in one 24 hour period.  Continuous 6 hour block?  Good luck with that!  But you grow where you are planted.

Do you guys in the PNW get 40m openings to Alaska, Hawaii, and Japan?  It's been years since I could work Japan or Hawaii on 40m and I still have never worked Alaska on 40m from this QTH.