From: "K8TOM" <tsingle@...>
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] FD Bulletin copy failure on PSK31 mode - no modulation of signal

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the comments.  The radio is an Icom 746Pro in USB data mode interfaced with a Navigator sound card.  I thought the location of the signal on the waterfall to be odd as well, but the transmission started exactly at the time that the FD Bulletin was scheduled and no other signals appeared near the ARRL assigned frequency.  I rotated the dial up and down 1 to make sure that I had not missed the real thing somehow, but saw no other signal.  It's hard to miss RTTY, PSK31 or MFSK-16 on the waterfall, so I was pretty puzzled.  As I mentioned it was just odd that 20M and 40M PSK and FT8 operation before and after the incident were normal.  I'll post when the culprit is revealed.

Tom
K8TOM