Re: FLDIgi on Windows 10

Ray Clements

The chances are that the COM port that Windows 10 assigned to the radio is different from the one Windows 7 assigned. If you copied over all the FLDGI settings, the COM port would be the one from Windows 7.

It is also possible that you do not have the proper drivers your radio installed. You might need to get them from the ICOM web site.

To check your COM ports open "Control Panel", "Device Manager", "Ports (COM and LPT)" and look for an entry for Silicon Labs, which is the USB to COM port chip that ICOM uses. Check the COM port settings (number plus baud rate, data bits, parity, and stop bits). I have a ICOM 7600 and those settings are 38,400 baud 8N1 and no flow control.

Then make sure your FLDGI is using the same settings as the radio.

Ray N9RWC 

------ Original Message ------
Received: 04:42 AM CDT, 06/21/2019
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] FLDIgi on Windows 10

Latest driver,for the 7300 ???I'm going to face the same,in a few !!de W8KQ

On 6/2/2019 11:47 AM, John Hendry wrote:
I'm having to port over from my trusted Dell Windows 7 to a Lenovo Window 10 laptop, and I can't get fldigi to talk to my Icom 7300.   I've copied all my setting from windows 7, but I have no rig control whatsoever.

If you are working with fldigi on W10, and you have any ideas, I would appreciate hearing them.   You'd think an IT guy like me could figure this out, but I'm losing what little hair I have left!

Thanks

John
KG5OIB

Join main@070Club.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.