RESULTS FROM THE THREE DAY WEEKEND 2019

stan W9SMR

Results are in from the Three Day Weekend Contest – 2019 !

This year there were 68 logs submitted - down a little from last year’s 80 logs. Given the propagation conditions, I think we did an admirable job in spite of the hardships.

Top Dawg and 1st in North America was Lee, N5SLY of Sherman, TX, who creamed the competition with 1,923 points, including points from 17 Bonus Stations, worked on 5 bands. I see a Certificate, a Rollo Tag and an ever extending lead in the 2019 RC3, The Rollo Cup Contest Championship Series for Lee. Congrats, Lee, on a stellar performance. We look forward to chasing you next year.

First place Bonus Station and second place score overall was Steve, VA3TPS, from Fenelon Falls, ON Canada.  He scored 1,280 points, including points from 11 Bonus Stations on 4 bands. This ends Steve’s dynasty after 4 years in a row that he has captured Top Dawg. This was, however his 4th year as top Bonus Station.  Congratulations Steve!

North America 2nd place was David, KR4U, of St. Petersburg, FL, with 1,257 points, including points from 11 Bonus stations on 6 bands. Third place was David, KB3RAN, of Lusby, MD, with 1,212 points, including points from 11 Bonus Stations on 3 bands.

Bonus Station 2nd place was Bob, KK6KMU, of Oceanside, CA, with 1,022 points, including points from 9 Bonus stations on 2 bands. Third place Bonus Station was Chris, N9JCA, of Evansville, IN, with 885 points, including points from 8 Bonus Stations on 4 bands.

First place in the Club Station category went to the only entry, K7EFA, the Yellowstone Radio Club of Billings, MT, with 311 points including points for 3 Bonus Stations on one band. Great effort for your first time; glad you enjoyed it.

With our new “All Amateurs Welcome” policy, it is encouraging to see that in addition to the 8 non-member stations who submitted logs, another 13 gave out more than 10 QSO’s each to contest participants. And so far, two of these folks have already joined our ranks. Be sure to thank and welcome Roger, N8TCP, of Parma Heights, OH (#2693, 25th place) and Chris, KC3VEP, of Papillion, NE (#2694, 43rd place). Thanks and welcome to our great club.

Thanks to all who submitted logs.  Stickers will be in the next mailing.  Complete results are available by clicking TDW Results

Now, get ready for our next 070 Contest, the 40M Firecracker Sprint starting at 2000 UTC Saturday, July 6th. Prepare by checking the rules at 40m Firecracker

73,

Stan
W9SMR - 070  #1611
PODXS 070 - PR Director