Yep, you are correct and there is not enough newspaper!! hihi

Dan Morris

I live to live for Him!

On Apr 23, 2019, at 9:31 AM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

Dan:

All contesters are a problem during contests and that the nature of the beast.  As an Official Observer I caught many station operating too close to band edges and they were notified. Caught 40 of them in about an hour.  Had I listened longer the numbers would have been significantly higher.  Contesters (not all) don’t pay attention to band edges.

The problem is where to put all the digital modes and make everyone happy and keeping the interlopers in their place. Training will never reach everyone who needs it unless you can use the proverbial rolled up newspaper. I fear this will soon become the same mess that 11 meters became.  It almost seems some days that the FCC has given up on ham radio because of the attitudes of a few LIDS.

Jerry  n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Dan Morris
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2019 6:52 AM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] new mode

Agreed Jerry - We can go anywhere pretty much.  Things seemed to be pretty much fine until this FT8 started up and as you said they go anywhere they want and interfere with anyone they want. They just don’t care and I wonder if training would do any good either. . .

You said CW ops are not the problem except during contests — Hmmm, I could say that for RTTY as well.  During contests RTTY guys are all over the place and most of the CW ops have to rely on the WARC bands to operate till the RTTY contests are over.

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On Apr 23, 2019, at 3:33 AM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

CW is allowed everywhere on the bands and always has been.  You can operate CW in the phone bands, but most don’t.  If a new band plan were to be created, CW ops would certainly give up something.  CW ops are ot the problem, except during major contests and most of us can live with that on  weekend.

The problem is all the different digital mode ops , but mostly FT8 ops who seem to think they can go anywhere they want. The solution would be training, but some are unteachable.