You said CW ops are not the problem except during contests — Hmmm, I could say that for RTTY as well.  During contests RTTY guys are all over the place and most of the CW ops have to rely on the WARC bands to operate till the RTTY contests are over.

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On Apr 23, 2019, at 3:33 AM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

CW is allowed everywhere on the bands and always has been.  You can operate CW in the phone bands, but most don’t.  If a new band plan were to be created, CW ops would certainly give up something.  CW ops are ot the problem, except during major contests and most of us can live with that on  weekend.

The problem is all the different digital mode ops , but mostly FT8 ops who seem to think they can go anywhere they want. The solution would be training, but some are unteachable.

Jerry   n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Justin Mattes--KC2GIK
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2019 10:22 PM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] new mode

I've asked this question before and never got a straight answer. Why can't
the CW folks be forced to give up some of their porti[on of the bands?
Digital modes have become more popular, why can't folks change with the
times? More digital modes should mean more frequency allocation

Justin KC2GIK

On Mon, April 22, 2019 10:12 pm, Dan Morris wrote:
> Yes it is
> Dan Morris  KZ3T  070-1065
> I live to live for Him!
>> On Apr 22, 2019, at 5:36 PM, Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:
>>
>> Isn't 30m psk on 10.140?
>>
>> Encroachment on 30 just like on 17!!!
>>
>> On 4/22/2019 3:14 PM, Steve R via Groups.Io wrote:
>>> Randy I found the FT4 protocol release notes. It is set as a primarily
>>> contest mode and the transmit cycle goes from 12.64 seconds to 4.48.
>>> Currently the recommended frequencies are above FT8...3.595, 7.090,
>>> 10.140, 14.140, 18.104, 21.140 and 28.180.
>>>
>>> I’ll post the link when I get to my main computer. I think we are
>>> still safe...for now.
>>>
>>> Steve
>>> 2301

--