Re: new mode

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Well Justin, I can take you down to CW portion especially between 7050-7060 and on any of the other bands and you would be surprised how popular CW is becoming again.  I’ve renewed my interest in CW the past year and I can definitely count on making many CW contacts in a day compare to any digital mode right now.  There is plenty of room for everyone and no need for someone else to give up anything. If you are suggesting CW give up something I would ask you how about the SSB portion give up part of their portion as there is plenty of room there.  Nobody should be forced to give up anything.

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On Apr 22, 2019, at 11:22 PM, Justin Mattes--KC2GIK <kc2gik@...> wrote:

I've asked this question before and never got a straight answer. Why can't
the CW folks be forced to give up some of their porti[on of the bands?
Digital modes have become more popular, why can't folks change with the
times? More digital modes should mean more frequency allocation

Justin KC2GIK

On Mon, April 22, 2019 10:12 pm, Dan Morris wrote:

Yes it is
Dan Morris  KZ3T  070-1065
dbmorris315@...

I live to live for Him!

On Apr 22, 2019, at 5:36 PM, Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:

Isn't 30m psk on 10.140?

Encroachment on 30 just like on 17!!!

On 4/22/2019 3:14 PM, Steve R via Groups.Io wrote:
Randy I found the FT4 protocol release notes. It is set as a primarily
contest mode and the transmit cycle goes from 12.64 seconds to 4.48.
Currently the recommended frequencies are above FT8...3.595, 7.090,
10.140, 14.140, 18.104, 21.140 and 28.180.

I’ll post the link when I get to my main computer. I think we are
still safe...for now.

VA3FLF

On Apr 22, 2019, at 15:29, Randy True <w4rttrandy@...
<mailto:w4rttrandy@...>> wrote:

Just got a notice from the FT8 Facebook group that they will be
unveiling a new mode ; FT4, at the end of the month. Basically a
faster FT8 that is meant for contesters. Let's hope we don't get
further encroached upon.

Randy W4RTT

--
Jim,  K5SP #483