New Public Relations Director

Matthew King - AK4MK

I am pleased to announce that Stan – W9SMR - has agreed to take over the responsibilities of PR Director for the 070 Club from Rick – N7WE.  He will assume his new role effective May 1, 2019.

Stan, member #1611 and LONP #234,  is a longtime active member of the 070 Club.  But you probably know him best as half of the Annual Pontoon Portable APE event (with Bob KC9UR) every year since 2013.  Stan spends winters in Florida (W9SMR) and summers in Indiana (W9SMR/9). He will be a strong replacement for Rick and I am happy to welcome him to the 070 Staff!

Rick - N7WE had informed me some time ago of his coming need to step down as PR Director, but he has said he will remain active in the 070 Club events and contests.  I thank him for his service. He and Stan have been working together for some time to provide a smooth transition – and I am confident it will be.

Please join me in congratulating Stan on his new position and thanking Rick for his service.

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director