Re: AL7MH - Not Alaska

Steve VA3FLF/KM4FLF

Jerry,

I am a cheater....I bought Dragon Dictate and it works fairly well. The mic plugs into the sound card so you don’t have to use up an USB port.

It sometimes has a hard time with blended NC and Canadian accent but does the trick.

Steve
VA3FLF 

On Apr 15, 2019, at 13:00, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

Geary:

Was good to work you on 20m today.  Sorry I’m not to chatty.  Limited by left hand which is a bit numb. For the next few weeks I’ll stick to just basics until left is better. Hope everyone will bear with me.  Should investigate something like voice recognition software, but that won’t help left arm/hand heal.

Always fun exploring new frontiers, hi ! 

Sending out QSLs can be frustrating at times; especially DX stations because there are so many “what if’s”.  Dropped lots of cash in cards, IRC’s, cash and multiple cards over the years.  LoTW & Eqsl has made confirming QSOs much easier today.  Only problems I see is when people log “time ending” instead of “time beginning”.  Fortunately, LOTW gives everyone a half hour error either side of actual time which allows for clocks being off.

Now, I just answer cards as they come in .   There are only 3 DXCC left to confirm for me and they may or may not ever happen.

Jerry n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Monday, April 15, 2019 11:35 AM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] AL7MH - Not Alaska

HI HI yuuup, just one part of the excitement and frustration of this great hobby!  Interesting enough, I sent out somewhere over 2K QSL cards during the Chase, learned a big lesson there!!!!  Only got four back with bad addresses.  Two of them were good, the post office just did not know it.  HI HI When I sent those two again they went through fine and I got a return card.  I know this is one reason many people have gone to electronic confirmations, and I use many ways, just in case someone needs it.  HI HI  Good to catch you on PSK 20M earlier.

Geary KE5IRK

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 11:29 AM Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

Geary:

Just trying to keep things in perspective.  QRZ in wrong in many cases; especially with IOTAs !  QRZ is a minefield of misinformation in some cases. HRD is not always a piece of perfect software because they keep updating it.  Doubt there is any totally accurate software… trust your instincts/gut feelings and double check.

Jerry  n9avy

Sent: Monday, April 15, 2019 11:18 AM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] AL7MH - Not Alaska

During the Chase last year HRD kept changing my grids and I could not keep up with it.  We were into July by the time I notice and figured out what it was doing.  Bummer.  I trust QRZ, knowing they are not always accurate too, but I am learning.  HI HI

Geary KE5IRK

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 9:49 AM Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

AL7MH is in Peoria Arizona which is no where near Alaska.  Many members have submitted this as Alaska in the past.   Please don’t trust your logging programs – double check everything against FCC database or QRZ (not necessarily accurate).

Thanks

Jerry  n9avy

--

When all else fails, Amateur Radio works.

--

When all else fails, Amateur Radio works.

<B7C2AD9026924DBBA5A1E66032DFA14F.png>

Join main@070Club.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.