Re: AL7MH - Not Alaska

Steve VA3FLF/KM4FLF

Jerry,

I am a cheater....I bought Dragon Dictate and it works fairly well. The mic plugs into the sound card so you don’t have to use up an USB port.

It sometimes has a hard time with blended NC and Canadian accent but does the trick.

VA3FLF

On Apr 15, 2019, at 13:00, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

Geary:

Was good to work you on 20m today.  Sorry I’m not to chatty.  Limited by left hand which is a bit numb. For the next few weeks I’ll stick to just basics until left is better. Hope everyone will bear with me.  Should investigate something like voice recognition software, but that won’t help left arm/hand heal.

Always fun exploring new frontiers, hi !

Sending out QSLs can be frustrating at times; especially DX stations because there are so many “what if’s”.  Dropped lots of cash in cards, IRC’s, cash and multiple cards over the years.  LoTW & Eqsl has made confirming QSOs much easier today.  Only problems I see is when people log “time ending” instead of “time beginning”.  Fortunately, LOTW gives everyone a half hour error either side of actual time which allows for clocks being off.

Now, I just answer cards as they come in .   There are only 3 DXCC left to confirm for me and they may or may not ever happen.

73,

Jerry n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10