From: Jim K5SP
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2019 4:53 PM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] HF Verticals

Well, when I posed this question, I expected some differences of opinions (and we all know what opinions are like).  I have been given some great ideas to think on, and will use all of your inputs to determine what is the best route for me.  Turned 75 last week, so am not allowed on ladders, the roof, or anything else more than 1 foot off the ground, (tried it, but the xyl caught me, and DO NOT want to face that wrath again).

Will ponder on this for awhile, but am liking the idea of the vertical with 4' rods in place of radials.

Thanks for all for taking the time to respond with your thoughts, it is appreciated.

On 3/24/2019 3:51 PM, Jim K5SP wrote:

Well, after 20 years of faithful service, a storm raged through the other evening, and my GAP Titan DX is barely usable.  The top portion was bent over at about a 30 degree angle, and the rods are broken and twisted.  Some connections have completely broken off.  I still have my wire that I can use, but would like to get another vertical for 80-10 meters.  The Titan is mounted on a TV mast that is in a tripod on the ground.

Problems:  Deed restrictions, no towers, wasn't supposed to have this Gap Titan, but no one has complained in 20 years.  Limited space, no radials.  No guys would be ideal.

Would appreciate any comments, suggestions that would get the Titan DX replaced.
--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

--