Re: 17m PSK Freq?

Bill Garwood

I just sent a note to the EPC.  DK5UR.  I'll pass along any info I receive.  Looks to me that JT9 is about dead.  Maybe 18.104 would work without much or any interference between modes?

Bill N4GBK

From: 070Club@groups.io <070Club@groups.io> on behalf of VA7GEM -1470 via Groups.Io <boat.anchor@...>
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 11:22 PM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] 17m PSK Freq?

On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 01:46 PM, Rick - N7WE wrote:

OK I need your opinions.  For some time now, to my eyes, FT8 has taken over what was previously the 17m PSK frequency slot - 18.100 - 18.102.  I don't think it will ever change.  And from this QTH, our old slot is so jammed most of the time it is useless to try there.    But we need a 17m frequency for the Tri-WARC and 17/17 Endorsements.

So what say you?  What should be our new PSK frequency slot?  If I have the FCC band allocation right, anything between 18.068 and 18.110 is legal for our emission type.  But if we move down to 18.098, that is supposedly the IOTA CW slot (although I don't see much action there).  18.096 is supposed to be for QRP CW (and I do see some activity there).  And so on.  So where can PSK find a new home?

Rick
I just skimmed thru the WSJT recommended frequencies and see that they use
FT8 - 18.100
JT65 - 18.102
JT9 - 18.104
WSPR - 18.104.600
I would lean towards 18.070 but would like to see this coordinated with EPC if anyone
knows someone with clout over there.
GL de Barry