Paula es ham stick dipoles

John Kirby

Paula,

You will not regret ham stick dipoles, vertical or horizontal
Vertical, omni directional and lower takeoff angle
Horizontal, side lobe null for couple dB signal advantage front and back

IF time allows before your trip you will not regret, a giant ferrite toroid and a couple BNC to binding post adaptors (see attached image configuration). Common mode magic, helps keep RF on antenna and off coax & key

Side note, my highschool granddaughter KC3EGN set (and holds) our club PSK-31 record ARRL FD couple years back with hamstick dipoles :>))

Amazing how ancillary kit is larger/heavier than XCVR

Enjoy your trip !!!

John
N3AAZ
FM19