Re: Seeking antenna suggestions

Brian (N2MLP)

If using push up poles a fan dipole  will also work

Cheaper too

========================

de N2MLP Brian

Monroe County PA

========================

From: 070Club@groups.io [mailto:070Club@groups.io] On Behalf Of Paula K7PAX #1739 via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2019 5:40 PM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] Seeking antenna suggestions

So my IT-100 tuner would suffice to work 15m on a 40m hamstick . . .

Paula

From: 070Club@groups.io [mailto:070Club@groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian (N2MLP)
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2019 14:37
Subject: Re: [070Club] Seeking antenna suggestions

40/15 work as a dual band

========================

de N2MLP Brian

Monroe County PA

========================

From: 070Club@groups.io [mailto:070Club@groups.io] On Behalf Of Paula K7PAX #1739 via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2019 5:34 PM
Subject: [070Club] Seeking antenna suggestions

Hi group! I am going to Lake Havasu City for a month and want to take my IC7000 with me. I do not have a portable antenna setup to use with it.

I was looking at the MFJ Octopus kit which gives you the hub and a set of 4 pairs of hamsticks. I would buy a tripod and pushup mast for it.  Anyone ever used one or anything like it?

One of the questions I have is “which four pairs of hamsticks should I choose?” I am asking this because I know what bands I want to work, but I have read where sometimes one set can tune up on more than one band – 40/20 meters I think. I was thinking I want to work 15, 20, and 40. I also want VHF, so I could either choose a VHF pair, or I could mount my VHF vertical on top, and choose another HF pair, say 10 or 80 meters to fill out the octopus.

I would love to hear everyone chime in and give me their ideas. I am leaving in a week, so I either have to move fast and get something ordered, or just have it shipped to my destination in AZ.

What would you guys do? I’ve never operated portable before. I know a lot of you have.

Paula K7PAX 1739

Join main@070Club.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.