From: 070Club@groups.io <070Club@groups.io> on behalf of Jim K5SP <jinnis@...>
Sent: Sunday, January 6, 2019 6:01:50 PM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: [070Club] PSKFest

Was N5SLY running a multi-op site?  It seemed all weekend that
regardless of which band I went to, I could see people contacting him.
Just kidding folks, Lee lives about 30 miles away, and I rarely can see
his signal. We did manage to get two bands in this weekend.

As for me, it's a miracle that anyone could see/hear me on the band.
Had problems both days with tuner telling me to QRP whenever I set
output for more than 22 watts.  Could not figure out the problem, but
operated anyway.  Then, this morning, I discovered that the entire time
I was connected to my 20 year old vertical that has broken/missing
parts, no wonder it wouldn't tune properly.    Also does anyone that
made a contact with me have any comments about my signal?  Late Saturday
afternoon, was told that I had a dirty, wide, signal.

Other than my man-made issues, I did manage to survive, won't come near
to Lee in points, but beat last year which is all good. PSKFest is fun,
and the waterfall shows what the bands used to be like in this mode.
Too bad more people don't get on the air more frequently to maintain
quantity of signals in the waterfall.

Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director