IOTA Activations

Rick - N7WE

Loren, Steve, and anyone else-
I'm a real newbie on the IOTA stuff.  My original intent was to just to put NA-076 on-air for 070 members since I was going to be on Cedar Key anyway.   It was such a bust, yet so much fun, that I'm now thinking about activating some of the remaining 9 Florida IOTA Groups.  But if I'm going to do that, I want to do it right so those chasing RSGB IOTAs (as opposed to just the 070 IOTAs) can get credit if they want it. But after reading everything on the IOTA website, I'm still not sure what I need to do. I'm not looking for Activator credits, but here are some of my questions (probably really dumb questions):

Does an activation of a previously activated group require pre-authorization by IOTA?
Do I have to make/send paper QSLs  - with a printed (not hand written) name of the island - specific to that activation in order for those I work to claim credit ?
Does uploading to ClubLog only do it for DXpedition activations?  It seems from the website that it works for any activation, but then it talks about paper cards required.
Does IOTA still only use paper cards for checking?  The website seems to suggest use of ClubLog, but I'm not clear.

Any guidance greatly appreciated!  (I get by with a little help from my friends!)