IT’S NEW FOR 2019! IT’S HUGE! IT’S GREAT!

Matthew King - AK4MK <kk4cps@...>

WHAT? – A new season-long competition to name an overall winner for our contest year – It’s the new Rollo Cup Contest Championship (RC3)!

HOW? – Just enter one or more of the ten 2019 070 Club Contests.  You will automatically be entered in the Rollo Cup Contest Championship!  Obviously, the more contests you enter, the higher your score will be.  Points will be awarded for each of the 10 Club Contests and the highest point total for the year will determine the RC3 Champion.  Scoring is weighted by a number of factors. The complete rules and scoring can be found here (RC3 RULES).

WHY? – The 070 Club has a long history of sponsored contests with recognition of winners for each contest.  But we have never had Top Dawg for the entire year. This new competition will promote more participation in each Club contest and recognize outstanding efforts throughout the entire contest season.

WHEN? – The RC3 begins with the 2019 PSK Fest and runs through the 2019 Triple Play Low Band Sprint Doubleheader.  A Leader Board page showing current standings can be found here (2019 LEADER BOARD) and will be updated after each contest.

WHY SHOULD I?  - Bragging rights!  Someone will be the Club Contest Champion! And each year's RC3 Champion will receive a special certificate, a Rollo Dog Tag, and an Engraved Silver Revere Cup Trophy!  Second and third place will receive special certificates and Rollo Dog Tags, and fourth through tenth place will receive special certificates and bold face marking on the following year’s RC3 Leader Board.

This new competition has been in the planning stages for several years!  I am very pleased to finally announce it, and hope you enjoy this new “Race for the Rollo Cup!”

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director