Re: 2018 - 365

Lewis Karriker (Sonny) - K4ARE - #2347

Thanks Karl for the info - I can operate using Team Viewer and I can purchase a smart plug for the radio.  My question is how can I turn on the home laptop - just applying power will not turn it on, have to push the on button and certainly don't want to leave the laptop on for a week or so.  I did get home in time to get 12/28 which I needed.

Thanks for any help you can give

Lewis - K4ARE

On 12/27/2018 10:14 PM, Karl Heinz Kremer - K5KHK - PODXS 070 # 2645 wrote:
I actually just returned from a week in Florida, and I was not traveling with a radio, but still managed my at least one contact a day (plus 14 on Christmas Day) using a Remote Desktop application to remote control my computer and radio. The radio is powered via a smart plug that i can control via the internet. I took a calculated risk by leaving the antenna connected (not too many thunderstorms in December in Western New York).

It can be done, but requires a bit of planing and testing to make sure that all parts are in place and are actually workin together.

If you need some tips, just shoot me an email.

Karl Heinz - K5KHK