From: Paul Butzi (W7PFB)
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2018 12:37 PM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] Christmas 2018 Endorsement

I’m in the PNW (you could just about throw a stone from my place and hit K8TOM, in fact).

I recall doing the Christmas Run last year and being successful, although I don’t see it on my endorsement page.  Not sure what’s up with that, as I have 26 entries in my log for last Christmas day.  I had a blast, as pretty much everyone who was QRV was in a fine mood.  Lots of folks describing their new radios.  Lots and lots of MCHNY.

 My first QSO that day was at 1936Z with WL7CG in Alaska.  My last was 2252Z with W4RPW in Tennessee. So, under 3 and a half hours for the entire effort.  Apparently I never shifted away from 20m.

As I recall I was running 30 watts into my OCFD at 30 feet - it’s not like I have a a fancy contest station.

The question, really, is how many folks will stray away from FT8.  But I will try to be on the air for a little while, for those folks who want to try.  Tom, you’re essentially ground wave to me.  Barry, 20m is tough as your signal goes right over my head, but if you shoot me an email I’d be happy to shift over to 80m where we would have a fine chance I think.  (You are in my log on 80m, 40m, 30m, and 12m. )

Regardless of whether folks get on the air or not, I hope you all have a FB Christmas and a prosperous and fun-filled NY.

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Dec 21, 2018, at 9:48 AM, K8TOM <tsingle@...> wrote:

Barry,

Unless something very dramatic happens, we Northwest Coasters are out of the running on the 25 QSOs.  Even in the club events, a half dozen contacts has been exceptional for us.  My <guess> is that you have to be south of Sacramento to have much of a chance.  Ah, well.  Maybe there will be an opening to JA and VK.

Merry Christmas to all the 070-ers out there!

Tom
K8TOM