Re: December 2018 Possible 366/365 Completions

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

KG7STV is my old callsign.  I’m not sure why it would show up.  And I’ve got the 366 award, although apparently it hasn’t been ‘approved’ (still shows in orange on the award progress page when I look.

It’s very exciting to see so many folks so close to finishing!  Let’s do all we can to help these folks over the top!

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Nov 30, 2018, at 5:46 AM, Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:

After a three month dry spell - September, October, and November - there are 9 individuals who can possibly complete either 366 or 365 in December.  The 365 individuals will have to wait until Leap Day 2020 for that "just one more day!" to complete their 366.

In order of their Magic Day, they are:

N5SLY - December 5 - 366
KG7STV - December 5 - 366
KC8WSM - December 6 - 366
EI3CTB - December 14 - 366
M5PLY - December 15 - 365
KF2GQ - December 12 - 366
K8FER - December 26 - 366
S56IPS - December 27 - 366
K4ARE - December 28 - 365

Propagation has been tough lately, so let's all make a special effort to get on air in December and help these individuals complete!  Most of them start trying 40m around 0000 UTC and then follow up on 20m after the sun comes up if they didn't make a contact during dark hours.  Watch for them!

Special Mention must go to Paul - NU4C - 070 #824, of Ormond Beach, Florida.  He is on track to complete his SECOND 366 on December 31, 2018!  Paul completed his first 366 on 10/8/2017.  He says 366 was such a challenge and so much fun that he wanted to see if he could do it again this year!  The Awards Progress Checker stops tracking your progress when you reach 366 and regrettably there is only the initial award of 366. None the less, it will be a phenomenal achievement for Paul to do it twice!  We'll all be watching for Paul and hope to help him make that DOUBLE MAGIC DAY!
PR Director