Re: Proper Etiquette Question

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

I’ve had surprisingly good luck just calling the station I want in a relatively clear spot.  Most folks are running software that will alert them if their callsign is decoded anywhere in the waterfall.

That said I’ve also several times just slipped in something along the lines of “N7WE N7WE up pse de W7PFB” to good effect.  I have also been calling CQ and had a station do the same thing, and thought that was a fine thing to do.

On occasion I’ve had folks tail-end right on the frequency I was calling CQ on.  I just move to another spot.

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Nov 24, 2018, at 3:08 AM, Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:

Need some advice about what's proper!  In chasing grids I see some calls that I really, really want.  They answered a CQ from another station that has been on the frequency and working stations for some time.  So I wait patiently for them to SK and then.....?  Do I call on the frequency they were on?  Do I call the station I want on their frequency, but say something like "up 100"?  Do I move up/down 50 - 100 Hz and call the station?  Do I just go ahead and run the contact on the frequency the CQing station was on?  What's the right way to get that station I need?  All opinions and suggestions welcome!