Re: 160m

Jerry N9AVY

Scotty:

We all are having RFI problems which will only get worse as more and more homes get filled with cheap electronic gadgets.   Many top band (160m) DXers move to very quiet locations with few neighbors. They install antenna designed for 160m and have the real estate to do that. Yes, they have deep pockets unlike most of us who are poorer than the proverbial “church mouse” in comparison.

Most go with a vertical for transmitting and then use Beverage antennas for receiving or perhaps a 160m loop.

Antenna that are some distance from shack may be fed with hard line up to 1  5/8 inch diameter to keep losses to a minimum. (cost of hardline connectors is expensive and one could buy lots of  PL-259s for the price of 1 hardline connector).

This may be beyond the means of many hams. But we all try to do what we can.  Hope you manage to work DE soon !

Jerry  N9AVY

P.S.  My noise level on 20 m is S-9 right now and this morning 40m was just AC hum .

Sent from Mail for Windows 10