Re: 2m & 70cm Repeater question...

W7RIV

Thanks everyone for the input. It is something I would like to use more of just so I can mess around with the radio even when I'm not at home! I'm also registering my Jeep with a local Emergency Recovery Team and they have a new repeater, part of this has to deal with helping others understand it more as well. =)

Thanks again,
Bryon, W7RIV

On Mon, Oct 8, 2018 at 9:59 AM Matthew King - AK4MK <kk4cps@...> wrote:
Thanks, Jerry, for reminding me of the tone burst.

I didn't think about it since it's primarily a European thing these days.  I guess there's some US repeaters using it, but none around here.

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Mon, Oct 8, 2018 at 11:57 AM Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

PL or Private Line is copyright by Motorola just as GE uses Channel Guard. It’s al same thing : CTCSS or Continuous Tone Coded Squelch System.

The “tone’ on radios as opposed to CTCSS is actually a tone burst used to unlock a repeater. Although on some radios I’ve heard that CTCSS and Tone may be reversed.

Jerry  n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10