Re: KC3EF Report for 10/03/18

Rick - N7WE

Good Morning Dick-

Thanks for another good "Grid Day" yesterday for this "stuck-in-Florida" guy.  You are in a very wonderful part of the country and I'm jealous!  Sure would like to be out there again.  Yes, you are right.  When we were traveling, I was amazed to learn how much close in terrain effects propagation.  The another thing I found different was what it was like to be in a noise-free environment.  RF pollution has really increased over the years, but you don't realize it until you get out in places like that where there is virtually none.  Guess it is like the old "boiling the frog" story.

I only need DM28 on your list for today.  But I will be monitoring and posting to this reflector when I see you.  Safe travels again today!  Hope you work a bunch.