From: "Mike Besemer - WM4B #348" <mwbesemer@...>
To: <070Club@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [070Club] Proposed Shutdown of NIST's WWV and WWVH Radio Stations

David is exactly right. And quite frankly, the utility of WWV and WWVH is extremely limited at this point in time. There are numerous other sources for standard time and propagation data.

As a guy who has been a ham for over 43 years, I’ll certainly miss the sound of WWV on the air, but I’m not sure that the utility of those stations is worth $6.3M in taxpayer funding.

Mike
WM4B