Re: moving on

Dan Morris - KZ3T

John — Dave is correct.  I joined the SKCC club a couple of months ago and CW is definitely alive and well.  There are over 19,000 members in SKCC and I make CW contacts daily in the portions of the bands that SKCC like to use.

As far as the FT8, I trashed that mode.  Just not my cup of tea.  I like a little more than just sitting there and letting the computer do everything (to me that is not ham radio).  You don’t even get the person’s name unless you look it up.

Now, the newer FT8CALL does now allow for some rag chew and is completely different than FT8 and they are not compatible with each other.  If I had my druthers between FT8 and FT8CALL, definitely FT8CALL.

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On Aug 20, 2018, at 8:59 AM, David Yockey <davidyockey1@...> wrote:

You must be out of touch.  CW is alive and well.  Get involved in the CW Ops CWT sessions every Wednesday.  I operate very little OTHER than CW.  Join the group at 1300Z, 1900Z, Wednesdays and 0300 Thursday.  The CW Academy is growing with demands for learning and improving CW.  Dave, K8CMO

On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 8:47 AM Ray Clements <r.clements@...> wrote:
John

Every now and then the bands open enough to work PSK.

When conditions are poor FT-8 and CW are both viable modes as they will both operate as weak signal modes. I have many friends who are proficient at CW and still make contacts. Unfortunately, I do not have your CW skills. Although the new weak signal modes are useful, don't give up on the older modes.

Ray N9RWC