From: 070Club@groups.io <070Club@groups.io> on behalf of F.R. Ashley <gdadx2@...>
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 11:46 AM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: [070Club] Where did all the PSK31 operators Go ??

I wondered same thing during my unsuccessful APE attempts.  I made only FIVE contacts in 3 days... Running QRP levels sure didn't help but right now I only have a KX2 radio. I got bounced around pretty good all day.

I guess by now everyone knows another new mode, FT8CALL, is out and it will further siphon off PSK users.

But during my APE outing, I was not expecting the intrusion of other modes into PSK territory.. I think the only mode I didn't hear was SSTV, hi.    One special event station in Illinois parked on .072 and ran PSK125, Hellschreiber, and RTTY.    I guess I sum up by saying use it or lose it, lol.

73 Buddy WB4M

070 #1545

On 8/16/2018 11:03 AM, Doc wrote:

All have fallen love with ft8!! <G>

On 8/16/2018 10:01 AM, Paul Milward wrote:
I have been on everyday in 2018 and made at least 1 PSK31 contact each day. I usually operate on 20m, sometime between 1500 -  2000 utc for about 1 hour. 20m has been tough most of the year, but with persistence and patience,  complete QSOs are possible.
And yes it is conditions. We are near the bottom of the Solar cycle and I predict that it will be more difficult for us before it gets better.
Bottom line, hang in, keep trying because in the end persistence and patience will payoff.
Hoping to contact You on PSK31
73
Paul NU4C 070 #824

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® A