Re: APE Aug 24, 25, and 26

Mike Flowers

That’s my old stomping ground!  Born and raised in Hagerstown and we spent a lot of time at Catoctin Mountain Park.

I’ll keep my eyes on the waterfall for your signal.  It would be a real kick to work you from there.

-- Mike Flowers, K6MKF, NCDXC - "It's about DX!"

On Aug 14, 2018, at 11:54 AM, KB3RAN 1692/381 via Groups.Io <davehardy0101@...> wrote:

I'm planning to head to western Maryland on Friday Aug 24th, probably to Catoctin Mountain Park for a few days of fishing and radio work.  Plan to work radio mornings and evenings on 20 and 40. Some mornings might be a late start if fish are biting.  Will be using my FT857 on solar power and using an expedient dipole cut for each band.  Fiberglass crappie poles as masts on the ends and a Buddipole mast in the center.  Will be operating from a picnic table near my Roadtrek camper.  Hope I can keep my station working as my computer and SignaLink have been having difficulties lately.

Dave H
1692/381