KC9UR Pontoon Portable APE

Bob KC9UR <v32hoosier@...>

Hi All - The sixth annual KC9UR Pontoon Portable APE will be conducted on Saturday, August 25th and Sunday, August 26th.  Stan (W9SMR/9) and I plan to set up Saturday morning the 25th, and hope to be on the air by 1pm EST.   We will be operating two rigs on the 80m - 10m bands (each rig on a separate band), propagation permitting.  We plan to operate Saturday afternoon and evening as well as Sunday morning and early afternoon, We will keep the group informed via this forum.  Like last year, as a concession to our advancing years, our shack will be on the front porch of Stan's cottage, not on the actual boat.  The front porch looks out over Round Lake and the Pontoon boat (it's a beautiful sight).  As in past years we will be offering a nice paper QSL (just send us your QSL and SASE), and a really nice certificate for the APE Hunters who work us on 3 bands.  Obtaining an APE Hunter's Certificate will be a bit more challenging this year because of the shorter operating time and propagation conditions, but I know many of you are up for the task!  We really enjoy working so many of you and look forward to reconnecting with you then!

Bob, KC9UR, and Stan, W9SMR/9