Re: Getting your CW speed back up.

Jim K5SP

Hey Milt, and when I first went to the FCC field office in San Diego to take the test, they would not allow me to use my mill.  Told me I had to copy with pencil and paper.  What a disaster, brain was trained to hit a key for the character, and not to copy with a stick.  Had to go back and practice to go retake code.   Happy to say that 25 years later decided to go extra, and passed the 20 wpm code easily.  But, that was almost 20 years ago, and now will have to work hard to get back up to that speed.

While I never had to, knew some Radiomen that could listen to code, hold a conversation, and drink coffee at the same time.  They would sit there and then type a couple lines all at once.

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director