Re: YB0OUN

Mike Flowers

From: 070Club@groups.io <070Club@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike Flowers
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2018 4:38 PM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] YB0OUN

I don’t think this station is legit.

No QRZ.COM, Buckmaster, etc., etc., listing for this callsign.   No QSL card images, no links to someone’s online log – zilch.

Historical spots from DXsummit.fi say:

W9RTB

14070

YB0OUN

18:35 08 Jul 18

Strong in IL

Indonesia

VY2RU

14072.1

YB0OUN

22:09 25 Jun 18

PSK-31

Indonesia

VA3LUK

14255

YB0OUN

22:24 02 Jun 18

55- 59+20

Indonesia

UR4MSF-@

14252

YB0OUN/P

13:42 14 May 16

tnx

Indonesia

" Yeah, he had an astounding signal …”

Given the current propagation, way too good to be true.   Someone’s pulling your leg.

Likely what us DXers call a “Slim” – link below is the likely story of the origin of the term “Slim”.

- 73 and good DX de Mike, K6MKF, Past President - NCDXC