Re: local VHF GROUP IN MY AREA

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

So to drive this back to PSK, has anyone tried setting up a key to use to send PSK? I mean using a key as a keyboard input instead of typing.
That seems like it would be an interesting project.
The elecraft KX2 and KX3 can work psk31 in exactly this way. (Maybe the k3s as well?) I’ve fiddled with it but never attempted a QSO that way.

I did work my cousin K7ZOO with his end working his kx2 in this mode - he was on top of some mountain in AZ doing a SOTA activation and I was here at home. From my end it looked like a PSK31 QSO done with no macros on his end (although he could perfectly well set up keyer macros on the KX2 he did not do so).

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!