Re: local VHF GROUP IN MY AREA

W7RIV

I started doing coding. I'm a newb to the hobbie and I didn't have to learn it. I didn't want to learn it. Once I found out I didn't need to do CW I went and looked up when they were testing, there happened to be a test the next day. I went and passed the Tech/General exams after an evening of study. I didn't pass the Extra on such short notice. I couldn't make it to the test in Sept, and passed Extra in October. Once I got into ham radio and started to do more with HF, I was  hooked. I then wanted to learn CW. I can send like a champion. I have issues hearing and get caught up on the parts I've missed. What I was using, I really liked it. But, I think it does require 2x 15 minute sessions a day.  

I love CW just like I love data modes. I'm not a huge fan of the SSB side and lots of talking. I like to see how far I can get, and with how little of power.

Bryon, W7RIV

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 10:58 AM Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:
John:

They do make left handed keys.  Really, check out Vibroplex and they have semi-automatic keys both right & left.  
Don't think it's a matter of being being left or right handed.  As Paul said, it's a muscle memory thing.  

Jerry  N9AVY

To: 070Club@groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2018 9:46 AM
Subject: Re: [070Club] local VHF GROUP IN MY AREA

I'll give it a try.   Code has always been my Waterloo.   I've been told its a left brain vs right brain thing, and that its exceptionally difficult for those who are left handed to be able to learn code.  

something about processing time in the brain being slower for some things.  

John
KG5OIB

Join main@070Club.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.