Re: local VHF GROUP IN MY AREA

Brian (N2MLP)

Just think it rude to travel and transmit and powerful crap signal every vhf contest

Contacting the state on why local ham can’t get access to the same state park  and let them find something in there area

========================

de N2MLP Brian

Monroe County PA

========================

From: 070Club@groups.io [mailto:070Club@groups.io] On Behalf Of Stephen Melachrinos
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2018 6:35 PM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] local VHF GROUP IN MY AREA

They have to. It's their only chance to beat out W2SZ.

:-)

Seriously, though, how many of us adjust our power to "the minimum practical to make a QSO" when we're operating in a contest? Last weekend, I decided I'd operate in the Low Power category for the 070 Firecracker Sprint, set the power at 25 watts, and didn't think about it again even though I'm sure I could have made many of those QSOs with less than 10 watts. I presume those in the Medium and High Power categories did the same. They're in a contest in an unlimited power category, so using big amps makes sense. 

Steve

W3HF

(W2SZ alumnus)

(And FWIW, the PackRats haven't been competitive with the MGEF since the mid-1970s.) 

-----Original Message-----
To: 070Club <070Club@groups.io>
Sent: Mon, Jul 16, 2018 4:32 pm
Subject: [070Club] local VHF GROUP IN MY AREA

Their vhf contest handbook

If you read thought it tells there operators to run max power it all time   (they have the widest nosiest signals)

No other stations in this area can think about trying and freq about 50Mhz

This is just written proof of what the new hams are all about

========================

de N2MLP Brian

Monroe County PA

========================

Join main@070Club.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.