Re: APE APE APE - Lets GO APE!

W5MMW Matt Manjos

Unfortunately my plans this year fell through and I won't be going up to /VE3-land this August. I recently moved into a new house so I've been busy with lots of landscaping work.

I'll be looking out for all the APEs this year, though - and definitely looking forward to seeing W9SMR and KC9UR on the air again!

I'll make sure the vacation plans work out in 2019! I had a ton of fun with my APE activation last year.

Matt
W5MMW

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 9:55 PM, Bob KC9UR via Groups.Io <v32hoosier@...> wrote:
Stan (W9SMR/9) and I (KC9UR) are looking forward to our 6th year-in-a-row "Pontoon Portable" APE from Clear Lake in northeast Indiana.  Unfortunately I'm in the midst of home buying/selling/moving, and the uncertainties of that are keeping  the date TBD.  We have really enjoyed our past 5 APEs, and would strongly encourage those who have never tried it to give it a go (hunting APEs is addictive).  It's great fun to reconnect with old friends and make new ones.  Portable operation is fun, exciting (watch out for those Indiana thunderstorms), and a great learning experience.  We are looking forward to working many of you again this year!

73, Bob, KC9UR