Re: QRT for a while

Richard Rohrer

As I stated in my original reply to Paula, I had plenty of antennas in the attic which seemed to work ok.  We wanted to live on the water because we raced a sailboat, so that was the compromise.  When we moved the HOA in our next house said you could not have a horse and keep you property looking nice.  Had antennas all over the 1 1/2 acres.  Our current QTH the only restriction (county) is that amateur radio tower can not be over 80ft high and have to be in the back yard. So I have experienced both ends of the spectrum.  When we lived in an apartment in NC I loaded the gutters and used then as a loop antenna.  Worked ok.  So don't give up Paula, there is a solution that will get you back on the air.

73
Dick - KC3EF