From: Ray Clements <r.clements@...>
To: 070Club <070Club@groups.io>; Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...>
Sent: Sat, Jul 7, 2018 10:10 pm
Subject: Re: [070Club] QRT for a while

I don't know about Paula's specific situation, but normally rather than banning ham radio antennas, the HOA will allow receiving antennas. That would include FM radio receiving antennas, satellite tv dishes. and TV antennas. However, they may regulate the diameter of a dish, or the height of the TV  or FM antenna above the roof line, or the type of mounting. My HOA prohibits chimney mounts. The HOA will then ban any and all transmitting antennas. That includes ham radio antennas, CB antennas, GMRS antennas, VHF public service antennas, etc. Thus, by banning all transmitting antennas, they are not discriminating against hams.

Ray N9RWC