Re: OT - But I have to vent

B C <k9wis@...>

I also noticed a new DXing technique since the advent of FT-8 and the KH1/KH7 dxpedition...Apparently you just start calling KH7 and leave it on for 30 minutes at a time hoping they notice you and respond..I see the beacons running all day here..

Brian K9WIS

---- Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@gmail.com> wrote:

Just saw this on a different group that I'm subscribed to. "I'm running my (deleted to protect innocent equipment) on FT-8 mode at about 400 watts output, what is the recommended setting for..."  Part 97 says minimum power to maintain communications.  Wonder if he is communicating with the Mars Rover?  Or maybe it is his light bulb antenna.  But probably just trying to break the Fox and Hound pileup for KH1/KH7Z.   Thanks for the vent... I'm feeling better now.