Re: Contest Thoughts

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Well, it was a great contest.  I was not able to get on as much as I would have liked and , of course, Sunday was a bad day for me since we went to church and then we always go out for dinner with some friends.  It was late afternoon by the time I got back home and fired up the radio.  By then though, I think most had give it a day.  I did much better than I thought I would and actually spent much more time playing in theTDW than I thought I would.  I did make contact with a lot of new members, just too bad we didn’t spend a little more time conversing but that’s okay.

All in all I had a great time and I made several contacts with the same members on 10, 15, 20, 40 and 80 meters, so pretty much a clean sweep which I had not done before.   It was good to see 10 meters open also both Saturday and Sunday, not great but it was open.

For some reason though I only heard a very few West Coast stations but the A index was terrible most of the time being up in the 20’s.

Dan Morris  KZ3T  070-1065

I live to live for Him!

On Jun 3, 2018, at 7:22 PM, Paul Milward <nu4c@...> wrote:

PSK is alive and well. I made it a personal mission to make at least one PSK contact each day in 2018. So far, so good. Has it been easy? Some days yes, some no. But there are openings (on at least one band) every day. Just get on the air.
The TDW was great fun, I wish we had that much activity  every weekend. Thanks to everyone who participated.
Paul NU4C 

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® A

-------- Original message --------
Date: 6/3/18 19:06 (GMT-05:00)
To: 070Club <070Club@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [070Club] Contest Thoughts

I worked a few here and there but worked two stations this afternoon, one II1IGJ from Italy, and a special event station K0SEK that was booming in from KS.  You just have to operate and they are out there.

73 Irv.

Join main@070Club.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.