Steve ..... Excellent thoughts

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.

On Sunday, June 3, 2018 4:43 PM, Steve R via Groups.Io <oldjavadrinker@...> wrote:

As I am sitting here trying to get the last couple of contacts I had some thoughts about the weekend. Despite the conditions it was fun. To make some contacts you had to work at it. One had to check prop, watch bands come in and out, hop around some, which in my mind was very entertaining and challenging. I certainly didnt see any DX burning through, but there was and is activity. So when everyone says the bands are dead....they are dead because no one is working them. I saw some very interesting propagation, and yes there were times where the bottom would fall out of band, but it popped right up, One just has to be persistent.

I never saw the two UK bonus stations, so I hope you chaps over there didnt have to talk only to yourselves, hi! Would been nice to see some DX\

Finally I think we stirred some interest. I made a couple of non contest QSO's where the operator wanted to know about the club and the contest. So, my thoughts....thanks to the PODX gang for keeping this running and making the contests.

VA3FLF