Some Thoughts on Software

radio@hollywoodtitle.com <radio@...>

Hi All,

So for at least the TDW contest I’m stuck using FLdigi,

I’ve gotta say it seems really inferior to the HRD suite to me.  I guess it is all what you are used to but there is so much more control  with HRD.

I’ve really gotten spoiled using the computer to completely control the K3 - everything from filters to power to AGC.  It just isn’t there in Hamlib.  I’m fully willing to believe it is just my ignorance and that RigCAT or flrig works better, but I just haven’t been able to make them work.

Perhaps the biggest deal-breaker is that the QSY button ONLY centers on 1000hz.  Any attempt to rewrite that with the “STORE” button is ignored.  This means that my 400hz filter must be manually positioned.  The station I’m trying to call is long gone by then.

I know a lot of people use FLdidgi, but it doesn’t work for me.

[/rant]

73 de Eric, KG6MZS