Have never used HRD or MixW or N1MM+ but I do use PSK Express and would not trade it for anything.  It does everything I want it to do and I only do the basic modes such as PSK and RTTY and that’s it.  It will do some other modes as well but I don’t get into those.  Jeff, N7YG has done an outstanding job with this program and I have been using it for quite a few years now, so it has come a long way.  He continues to tweak it as necessary and will eventually be adding more to it.  It does have a log and it interfaces with ACLog very well.   No problems at all and the price is right, FREE —

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On May 31, 2018, at 8:51 AM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

Jeff:

Am in computer dummy category as well.   Used free versions of HRD as well until it went commercial and switched to MixW.

One thing I noticed was that when I  ran 50-60 watts the computer would freeze up.  Had a bunch of ferrite snaps on chokes left over from fire alarm jobs; so I slipped them on the keyboard cable.  It seemed to solve the problem.  This was especially a problem when SWR was high. Since my tower is right out my shack window I would be in RF field. When I'm transmitting the audio in signal comes through speakers on other computer in shack; also noticed some wavy lines on CCTV monitor in shack.

Jerry  n9avy

From: JEFF WALSH <jeffwalsh1644@...>
To: 070Club@groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2018 8:16 PM
Subject: Re: [070Club] 070Club] ALMOST TIME TO PLAY!

I have been using HRD software for about 5 years now and have experienced freeze ups from time to time and it is still ongoing. I am a paid subscriber and have spoken with their support team about these problems over the years. I have always been asked are you running the latest version if not please install it. I install the latest version but it does not fix the problems. I am told not use the signal link USB interface but run direct to my IC-7200 because it has a internal sound card. I run direct from computer to radio but this does not fix the problems. I am then told my computer is not fast enough and does not have enough memory. I replace the computer with a newer and faster computer this also does not fix the problems.
I can't offer any suggestions since I am a computer dummy but just share my experiences. I followed their advice but the problems still exist and I have learned to live with the programs shortcomings. It is my unqualified opinion that the problems are in the program.
I have never used any other software other than HRD so I can't speak about comparisons between the different programs that are out there.
Overall I am happy with HRD and have learned  to live with its shortcomings and will continue to support HRD as a paid subscriber.
I have put my Signalink USB back in the setup as I find that the Signalink does a better job of buffering the highs and the lows of the audio input than the radio's internal sound card. I do however run my transmit directly to the radio.
The computer is running WIN 7 pro 64 bit and is dedicated strictly to the ham radio for digital and their are no other programs up and running..

Looking forward to working you ALL in the contest !...... I look upon the band conditions as challenging not bad.....Good Luck to all !

yup even as a senior citizen I am still an optimist !

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.

Date: Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 7:20 PM

I believe the last free version, 5. something
is still available on the interwebs for download

Paula K7PAX 1739

"Steve R via Groups.Io"
<oldjavadrinker=yahoo.com@groups.io>
wrote:
>Never mind I see it. I sent you an
email.

wrote:

>> Hey Steve,
>>
>> Running an Elecraft K3
here.  The logbook quits after a few minutes and DM780
loses the connection.  It is really maddening and makes
the whole suite unusable.

>> DM780 has been acting
strangely for a while even before the last update.
It’s too bad because I have customized the interface to
where I really like it.  None of the other software I
have used comes close when the “undocumented features”
don’t rear their ugly heads.

PM, Steve R via Groups.Io <oldjavadrinker=yahoo.com@groups.io>
wrote:

>>> Erick,
>>>
>>> What rig are you using? I
am using a Kenwood TA590SG and seem to be interfacing just
fine. What is it doing ?

17:27, "radio@..."
wrote:

> [...]
everyone else, but I use the HRD suite and the new
version’s logbook is broken.  I just heard from tech
support and they are working on it but I doubt it will be
fixed by Friday.

to Fldigi but I don’t relish learning new software in the
heat of battle.

out there this weekend.  …be patient ;-)