From: Matthew King - AK4MK <kk4cps@...>
To: 070Club@groups.io Group Moderators <070Club@groups.io>
Sent: Tue, May 22, 2018 9:56 am
Subject: Re: [070Club] It’s Big, It’s Wonderful, It’s HUGE!

Hey, y'all - the membership process is the same as it's been for past TDW contests; apply via the "Join Us" page and wait to be approved.

Jim is generally rather quick with his approvals and, I imagine, will be particularly cognizant of the requests coming in during the contest.

I was asked separately whether "re-working" a brand new member would be necessary to gain credit for having worked them.  Well, Yes and no....

If a new member's membership start date matches the date of your QSO, you're good to go. If, however, they aren't approved until the next UTC day (for instance, if the applied late one day during the contest), then it'd be necessary to work them again in order to receive credit. That's just a function of how the membership dates/scorer interrelate.

I hope that answers some questions!

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 12:29 PM, Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:
Good question Tom.  I don't know the answers, so I'm going to ask Matt to reply to the group on this one.  He and Jim - K5SP - take care of the membership requirements/issues.

Also - I'm at my in-laws in Canada and only have internet access every now and then.  Found a public library this morning so I could post the TDW notice.