Re: Go Figure ?

Sherri Rapp

Mike, I'm usually on 20 then 40 now that the sun is out longer.  On several times during the day and evening for short  periods of an hour or less. I try PSK around 0000 to 0100. I'll try to catch you agn. I have club meeting tonight, so not tonight. 😉

Indeed I was concentrating on FT8 for a couple weeks, but have been trying to get at least one QSO on PSK per day agn.

Sherri WB4OSU

On Mon, May 14, 2018, 1:38 PM Mike Besemer - WM4B #348 <mwbesemer@...> wrote:
Sherri,

When are you getting on and what band?  I know we've worked before but I haven't seen you for quite a while.

I'm usually on at 0000(ish) UTC.  I'll start on 20 meters and if it's dead I'll move to 40.  We're probably a bit close for 20 meters; I'll have to check my log to see where we worked before.

Occasionally, I'll jump on for a few minutes around 2000 UTC or somewhere in between, but that's spotty at best.

Don't feel bad.  There was a period not too long ago when it seem like all the propagation was one-way.  Seems to go in cycles and it must be your turn in the barrel!

73,

Mike
WM4B

On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 1:28 PM, Sherri Rapp wrote:

 I have been having a heck of a time getting responses to CQ on PSK31. Other stations just aren't hearing me. FT8 is usually better, but I don't have the same *quantity* results that some others do on that mode, but I'm satisfied with the contacts I've made so far.

Sherri WB4OSU

On Mon, May 14, 2018, 8:05 AM John Kirby < n3aaz_qrp_1@...> wrote:
... PSK 31 ...

Band Conditions ?
Old hat ?

Seems like low sun spots only wipe out psk freqs
... while ...
same band CW es FT8 freqs work the world at 15W

Go figure
070/1337/0349