Re: video card

Matthew King - AK4MK <kk4cps@...>

Larry, it really depends. Is this a laptop or desktop? How is your 1st monitor hooked up? Not to the HDMI port, I'm assuming?  If it's free, then you MAY can hook a 2nd monitor via HDMI to it and be good to go, but it may take over as the main monitor output.

Since it's sitting there, it wouldn't hurt to try it. If it's a desktop, you can always get an inexpensive video card to go in it that has multiple outputs and go that route, disabling the "on board" video ports in the hardware settings.

Maybe you know somebody with an extra HDMI monitor (or even TV, just for testing) that you could hook up to see how it behaves?

Good luck!

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 7:06 PM, Larry Rockne #404 <pops4355@...> wrote:
Hi Matt,
I too have been wanting to run two monitors so I couls run FLdigi and AClog.

The salesman said this machine, an H/P, had an HDMI port, (which it does), so am I good to go,
just hook another monitor up?

Larry WA7HDZ #404