Comments from Northern Illinois Amateur Radio FB Page

Jerry N9AVY

These are from some well-respected hams in my area. Let's all hope they're right and this will die out at the end of the year and that ARRL doesn't start anything else to screw up bands

Jerry  n9avy

"I was really excited about the ARRL Grid Chase. I thought this would be a great HF Mobile activity since there are some unpopulated grids in West Texas. Then I learned about this automated FT8 nonsense and I quickly lost interest."

"To me, that's right up there with remote operation of other stations. No personal skill involved at all.

I've tried FT8 and have even snagged a few new countries, but I lose interest quickly. If I unmute the receiver I can't even tell which is the station I'm working  I've tried FT8 and have even snagged a few new countries, but I lose interest quickly. If I unmute the receiver I can't even tell which is the station I'm working"